The GVFC is a not-for-profit organization that services film production; promotes the locations, skills and creativity inherent in Victoria and Vancouver Island to the global film industry. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Film Commissioner is responsible for the overall activities of the GVFC, including operations, production/location services, community liaison and providing industry information and statistical data to media, industry, labour and government.
From the posting, some details on the possition:
* Generally Monday to Friday business hours with provision for call out evenings and weekends to service production requirements
* Indoor/outdoor environment
* May require some overnight travel
* College graduation, courses in business, media, public relations would be an asset
* Minimum five years of industry experience at the Locations Manager level.
* Knowledge of the film industry including production services, studios, facilities, unions, equipment, crews, transportation and accommodation, weather stats and resource info
* Some knowledge of film production companies, their organizations and how they work
* Knowledge and understanding of not for profit organizations and their structure
* Knowledge of municipal politics, infrastructure and bylaws
* Excellent working knowledge of digital cameras and associated software
* Basic knowledge of small business, including preparing and managing operating budgets, contracts and facilities.
Skills and Abilities
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and produce results in a high-pressure environment with limited human and financial resources
* Excellent judgment, negotiation and persuasion abilities
* Excellent organizational and administrative ability
* Ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships with industry personnel
* Ability to manage stress and meet deadlines
More information at MediaJobSearch